Saturday, June 12, 2010

Savoy

Oh, Hainan Chicken where art thou?  I was telling Chester, my brother, that I could eat this every other day!  Maybe it's probably because I don't eat this enough that whenever I do, the flavor and craving just collides and it's heaven in my mouth and tummy!!!  Ok, maybe I am overly exagerating the whole thing... but yes, I do love this very simple chicken and rice dish!

The chicken is cooked/boiled with ginger and other unknown spices concoction and the broth is what they use to cook the rice with.  If you know Chinese food, it's kinda like what they do to the Peking Duck before it's roasted or Chicken before it's fried (I think.).  You can get all white meat or dark meat, it's your choice.  The result, both the chicken and rice is so flavorful!  It is served, as you can see, with soy sauce, more fresh ginger, and spicy sauce.  The sauce, is in this big container at the restaurant and you can tell that everyone asks for more of it all the time!  We certainly did and have always when getting this to-go.  One of this days, we will figure out how to make this darn sauce... it's sooo good!!!

If you notice, after going to Lee's Sandwiches, we stopped by this place for lunch.  We had a couple of hours to spare so, we figured we should eat before partying at the bowl!  I'm so glad we did!!! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment