Wednesday, June 9, 2010

California Seafood

As some of you may already know, business on Colorado Blvd. is tough... specially when it comes to food!  California Seafood just opened about two weeks ago now.  I was there the first week when it opened; which is obviously their Grand Opening week- where everything was half off!  With that kind of incentive, I'm there!!  If you're also familiar with Colorado Blvd, you may have heard of the old Rotisserie Chicken restaurant that it replaced.  If not, this restaurant is it's replacement and is on the corner of Colorado and Arroyo Parkway, across from the now defunct McGillicuddy's. Yes, if you haven't been in Pasadena for a while, that place is now gone too.  Replaced twice now and counting...  But I digress.  

The food at California Seafood is pretty good.  If you like seafood, there's a lot to choose from.  Mainly everything is grilled, but some fried.  For our taste test, my friend Lia got the Fish Tacos with Chips and I got the Grilled Salmon with Garlic Butter Sauce, Brown Rice and bread. According to Lia, she liked her fish tacos and it looked to me, at the time, she did enjoy it.  It was also recommended by this random guy eves-dropping on our conversation.  Anyway, can't comment about that as much as I can with my dish.  The grilled salmon was cooked just right- not overdone or undercooked.  The garlic butter definitely makes the dish... it was so good I wanted to ask for extra sauce for my bread! Everything was a perfect combination with the brown rice.  Which by the way, you have to ask for... I did and I'm glad they have it available!

Price-wise, this place is pretty pricey... Mine was $12 and some change along with a medium sized fountain drink.  But since I'm smart, or cheap, I went during their special half-off week.  I will confess that I ate this dish twice in that same week!  What can I say, seafood is my favorite!!   Anywho, I liked the food but with that price, I will have to crave this to eat there that often.  

No comments:

Post a Comment