Sunday, April 18, 2010

Boiling Crab

Ahhh... My love, Seafood!!! If you love or just like seafood, I definitely recommend visiting the Boiling Crab! They have several locations in the SG Valley; Alhambra, Garden Grove, and Rowland Heights.  I've actually only been to Alhambra and RH.   The RH location is the newest and biggest of the two. They don't take reservations and the place already have a wait line by the time they open. Notice, they will only sit you if your entire party is present.  I've had better chance at lunch than dinner, of course.  1-2 hr wait for dinner is pretty normal for a party of 5 or more.

The Boiling Crab menu is pretty simple.... their main entree is shellfish and there's lots to choose from- crabs (2 kinds), crawfish, clams, shrimp, oyster and lobsters.  You can select it in four different kind of seasoning too; Rajun Cajun, Lemon Pepper, Garlic Butter and The Whole Sha-Bang (all seasoning mixed in)!  Of course, you can have it non-spicy to "XXX (I can't feel my mouth)" intensity!!  Personally, I like the Mild Rajun Cajun and the sauce is a good mix with rice, if you order rice on the side.

Whenever we go, we also like to order corn on a cob and they will mix it in with your seasoning so, you'll get the delicious sauce on it!  Sounds kind of weird, perhaps, but it's really good!  Sweet Potato fries are a perfect combination with the meal too!  Oh, I can't forget about the Fried Calamari for appetizer is yummy!  

The place is very casual, specially since they serve the food to you family-style.  Most of the time we get a couple of pounds of shrimp and several crabs, depending on how many people we have in our party.  The shrimp, which we usually get, are ordered in pounds.  It's is served in a plastic bag with lemons and drenched in the sauce you selected.  Everyone basically just digs in... be careful it's hot!!  The crab is ordered individually but priced of coursed by weight.  The crabs are large and I have yet to get one that is not full of meat.  Best yet, they are never "fishy"...Always fresh and so tasty!!!

So, if you're in the area or like seafood and willing to travel, I highly recommend the Boiling Crab.  I think it's reasonably priced and their servers are pleasant and very attentive.  The servers keeps coming back to check on you for refills and anything you may need, and I never felt like they were rushing us out either!  They seem to understand that people are there for the food and would like to enjoy and take their time to eat. 

I hope you try it out and no, unfortunately, I don't get paid to promote them here.  Just like to share...


By the way, the girl in the picture is my friend, Alina.

No comments:

Post a Comment